Official Website for Monroe County, Iowa

Monroe County, Iowa - Military Service Records

Military Service Records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Monroe County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.


If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. This may be done in person or through the mail.


Please send a photo copy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.


If you cannot locate the original, a copy of your discharge papers may be obtained by contacting the National Archives and Records Administration at



 Application for Certified Copy of Military Records